A Group of NEW PRODUCTS Will be Launched Shortly
Aim, Frame, Focus and Shoot with Extreme Precision, Speed, Stability and Comfort.
Great with sun-glasses, eye-glasses and no-glasses.
Solid contact between your head and your camera is essential! Cam Heady delivers it. You will capture shots you would have missed!
The Head Rest by Cam Heady mounts in your standard hot shoe and provides a solid connection to your skull. Your two hands (one on the lens and one on the camera body) form the other two legs of your camera support. By making one of these three points of contact SOLID, you dramatically increase your control of the camera. Your ability to track moving subjects will increase markedly.
Product Lineup - more product pictures will be added shortly
1. ___ Head Rest by Cam Heady: $30.00 (This is the normal version which mounts directly in the hot shoe.)
2. ___ Adapter Rest by Cam Heady: $40 (This version is for cameras without a flash synch port that need to mount a flash unit or flash radio trigger at the same time. This version is used with an adapter (included) to obtain the flash signal from the hot shoe. NOTE: I'm still adjusting this text on adapters.)
3. ___ Hook Bracket by Cam Heady: $7.00 (This bracket hooks under the mounting knob of either Head Rest and provides a spot to mount additional gear: flash, microphone, level, flash radio trigger, LED lights.... Multiple brackets can be daisy chained or stacked to provide additional mounting spaces. Fasteners are included. To mount: simply loosen the Head Rest knob and hook the Bracket(s) around the fastener.)
4. ___ Oval Bracket by Cam Heady: $7.00 (This bracket mounts under the mounting knob of either Head Rest and provides a spot to mount additional gear: flash, microphone, level, flash radio trigger, LED lights,.... Multiple brackets can be used to provide additional mounting spaces. Fasteners are included. To mount: fully unscrew the Head Rest knob and place the Bracket(s) over the fastener.)
5. ___ Mini Wrench by Cam Heady: $5.00 (This wrench has hex sizes for the Cam Heady products plus an emergency bottle opener. Also, it is handy for turning those slotted screws you find on tripod plates. It fits nicely on a keychain.)
6. ___ Mini Wing by Cam heady: $10.00 (This is a reduced-size version of the part that contacts your head. It is suitable for persons with smaller heads using smaller cameras who desire a slightly more compact setup. It has the same sort of padding as the standard wing. It is 1/2 inch shorter than the standard wing.)
7. _1_ Packing & Shipping by Cam Heady: $3.00 (That's per order to the USA.)
8. ___ Sales Tax: (Needed on NJ delivery addresses only.)
This ordering setup will be on Amazon shortly. However, right now, you can send cash, check or money order to:
Cam Heady LLC
Spring Lake, NJ, 07762 USA
Shipping will be USPS "First-Class Mail Parcel" service. We ship using a small white corrugated cardboard box that is sized to fit small cluster mailboxes and Amazon drones. For fastest service: use the comment box below to say you have mailed an order... in case I don't check the POB every day. Be sure to include your delivery address with your payment. International delivery is $15.00 per order, based upon the USPS web site.
Hurricane Arthur surfer in the spray on July 4, 2014
Perfect positioning of your eye in the viewfinder increases your speed and accuracy.
Head Rest by Cam Heady and some spare parts + hex key, above.
Head Rest by Cam Heady in Landscape (horizontal) orientation, above.
Switch rapidly from landscape to portrait orientation and back: simply flip the wing 90 degrees. Also, you can switch from right eye in the viewfinder to left eye in the viewfinder without adjusting anything.
Head Rest by Cam Heady in Portrait (vertical) orientation, above.
The Head Rest by Cam Heady includes an assortment of bushings to fine-tune your rig, which is very easy to do. The bushing "length" affects the distance from your eyeball to your viewfinder. The Cam Heady arrives with a 3/4" bushing installed. If desired, you can adjust it up or down in 1/8" increments.
Here is how the Head Rest by Cam Heady works: Your eyeballs are in fixed positions within your head; they can swivel a bit but not change location. Your Head Rest by Cam Heady is in a fixed position on your camera; the padded wing can rotate a bit but not change location. By placing the Head Rest by Cam Heady against your head, you lock your eyeballs into a fixed relationship with the camera, enabling both eyeballs and camera to move as one. You can pan and tilt from your waist or stay locked onto stationary subjects as there is steadiness between your eye and your viewfinder. As a bonus, this linkage between the mass of your head and the mass of your camera greatly reduces vibration. Also, by pulling back slightly against your head, you reduce the arm twitches that tend to occur when muscles are holding an object without sufficient resistance... called creating dynamic tension.
For Studio or Complex Lighting, see 1. and 2. below:
For use with a flash transceiver which would otherwise occupy the flash shoe, there are two choices:
1. If your camera has a standard coaxial PC (Prontor/Compur) flash sync socket, you will need a bracket to hold your transceiver (pictured shortly).
2. If your camera has NO PC socket, you will need a slightly different Cam Heady, plus an adapter to pick up the flash signal from the hot shoe, plus a bracket to hold your transceiver (pictured shortly).
Made in the USA
Email: CamHeady *at-sign-here* monmouth.com
In other words, replace *at-sign-here* above with @ to create a valid email ID. The easiest way to do this is to copy the line above and paste it into your email TO: box. This is done to reduce spam from automated robots scanning for email addresses (on websites) with the @ sign embedded.